THIS IS US
We Think Fast & Move Faster.
As Industry Pioneers, we develop first-in-the-market cross border, multi-currency payment solutions by leveraging on
cutting-edge technology and an innate understanding of the market & the fast paced environment we operate in.
We Are Merchantrade.
Our goal is to revolutionise convenience and enrich lives with our digital platforms –
to make connections easier, quicker and more convenient.
Our 3 Pillars
Digital Payment Services
Money Services Business
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
Our customer-centric nature enables us to have a deep understanding of customer needs and develop innovative solutions for individuals, families and communities around us.
- Formed partnership for money transfers to China with Ant Group - Alipay
- Increased stake to 70% in Kliq Pte Ltd, Singapore and re-branded M1Remit money transfer app to eRemit Singapore
- Acquired Valyou Sdn Bhd
- Partner with Kenanga Investment Bank to offer Kenanga Money eWallet
- Awarded as Visa's Most Outstanding Launch - Innovation Products Award, and Malaysia Technology Excellence Award
- Formed partnership for global money transfer network service with Western Union
- Launched Ozopay, a payment gateway service
- New Insurance Product of the Year (Merchantrade Insure Basic)
- RemTech Award 2019 (Popular Votes - Merchantrade Money)
- Officially launched Merchantrade Money Visa Prepaid Card
- Nominated by Malaysian Fintech Award – Prominent Enterprise Of The Year Category
- Florin Asia Innovation Awards 2018 – 1st Runner Up (Merchantrade Money)
- Launch of Merchantrade Insure
- Acquired 49% of Kliq Pte Ltd
- Acquired Vital Rate Sdn Bhd
- MAMSB MCX Award 2017 – Most Outstanding Customer Experience Award
- Winner for Interbank GIRO (IBG) Campaign 2017 by PayNet in the SMEs, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorship category
- The Brand Laureate SMEs Best Brands Award for "Best Brands in E-Commerce, Digital Remittance for Product Branding"
- Florin Asia Awards 2016 – Best Remittance Breakthrough Transfers (eRemit)
- Launched BizPayments (B2B Remittance)
- International Association of Money Transfer Networks – Best Retail Money Transfer Operator
- Launched online currency exchange portal, eForex
- Launched Wholesale Currency Business
- Launched Mobile Coupon services (MCoopon)
- Investment by Celcom Axiata
- FPX Top Merchant Award 2013
- Launched money exchange services
- FPX Most Outstanding Merchant (transaction volume) Award 2012
- Launched 1st non-bank online remittance portal, eRemit
- First to be licensed under the MSB Act 2011
- Investment by Sumitomo Corporation Japan
- Launched mobile virtual network provider (MVNO) with Celcom Axiata Bhd
- License to operate as a non-bank remittance provider and launched International Express Remittance Services
- Offered discounted IDD telephone cards, Voice-over-IP (VOIP) and call shops
- Telecommunications equipment supplier
- Merchantrade was founded.