Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is the ability for users to switch to a new mobile service provider, while retaining their existing Mobile number.
- Your current line must remain active and you should have no contractual obligation with your current mobile operator during the switch. Previous prepaid balance will be forfeited.
- Once you’ve switched, you will receive the first SMS on activation status. During this period, you may continue to use your old SIM Card.
- Upon successful activation, you will receive a second confirmation SMS and you need to change your new Merchantrade SIM Card.
- The activation process will be completed within 3 working days (not including Friday) from the day of request.
Before Port In
- How can I port?
You will have to go to the new mobile service provider’s Service Centre to request for number port in. Fill up a Service Registration Form and sign Terms and Conditions and provide relevant supporting documents. You will be issued with a new SIM card. Upon approval, the new mobile service provider will inform you that you have successfully ported when the new SIM card is activated.
- Why should I port?
You have a freedom of choice to choose a new service provider that could give you more benefits without changing your mobile number. Merchantrade provide a special call rates & SMS when you call your friends number, not only local but international as well.
- What is the port in duration?
For consumer, it will take 1-5 Business days & for Non-Consumer, between 1-15 Business days.
- Who can port in to Merchantrade?
Any prepaid customers.
- What do you need to know if Dealer approaches you before port out?
– You need to understand/be aware that all call charges and packages offered by the new mobile service provider may differ from your current mobile service provider. Choose wisely.
– You must ensure port in transaction is as per your request.
- What is the porting Fee?
Port in / Port Out is Free of Charge until further notice.
During Port In
- Will I receive any SMS notification about the status of my port request?
Yes, you will receive the SMS notification as below:
- Successful Validation
"Dear customer, your Merchantrade port request has been accepted & activation is in progress. A SMS confirmation to change SIM card will be sent to you within 24 hrs. Thank You!"
- Failed Activation
"Dear customer, your Merchantrade port request has been rejected by your previous service provider. Please contact Merchantrade for further details @ 0372001100.Thank You!"
- Upon Successful Provisioning
"Congratulations! Your Merchantrade service has been activated. Please insert your Merchantrade SIM card now to start enjoying the Fastest Network, Widest Coverage & Best Rate!"
- Will I face any service interruptions during the porting process?
There will be no service interruptions from your previous service provider.
- Can I still enjoy the same services offered by my previous service provider?
No, you won’t be able to enjoy the same services offered by your service provider.
- If I am a prepaid user, what will happen to my airtime balance and validity?
All airtime balance and validity will be forfeited.
After Port In
1. Which reload card should I purchase after my Port In to Merchantrade is successful?
You should purchase a Merchantrade Reload Card or Celcom Reload Card.
2. Who should I call for any enquiries on MNP?
You can contact Merchantrade Careline at 1900 / 12273 using Merchantrade Mobile Prepaid number or 0372001100 using other service provider.